Come and join us to help shape Culture Forum North and its future.
Culture Forum North seeks to strengthen the diversity, skills and experience of its Steering Group. We are looking for 3 new members to join the Steering Group and play a vital role in supporting the network to develop and deliver its vision, mission and activities.
Role: Culture Forum North Steering Group Member
Fee: Voluntary and unpaid. Expenses to attend Steering Group meetings will be considered
Term: Four years. Current students and those who have graduated within the past two years, may request a one-year term if preferred.
For queries and to discuss the role contact Francesca at firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Steering Group is to provide a transparent and robust governance structure, to oversee strategic direction, to advocate for and raise the profile of CFN regionally, nationally, and internationally, and to commit to regular Steering Group attendance.
Being on the Steering Group is a voluntary role, however we will consider covering expenses to travel to meetings. During the pandemic meetings will be taking place virtually.
More information on the role of the Steering Group can be found in the recruitment pack.
Who are we looking for?
• We are looking for three additional members to join the Steering Group. We are particularly seeking applications from those who may fit one of more of the following criteria:
• Those whose characteristics are underrepresented in the cultural and higher education sectors, including race, gender, disability, culture, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
• Those who work in Further/Higher Education.
• Those who work in the cultural sector in organisations not core funded by the Arts Council.
• Those based in rural areas/North East.
• Those who are currently studying at University or are recent Graduates.
• Those who have not previously been a board member or a trustee.
• Those who have a strong affiliation and association with culture and higher/further education in the North of England
How to Apply
If you are interested but would welcome a conversation in advance of submitting an application, please contact Francesca Russo, CFN Coordinator at email@example.com
We want to make applying as straightforward as possible, so please answer the following questions on one side of A4 max. You can also submit your application by voice or video recording or another format that meets your access needs. Please make sure your video lasts no longer than 5 minutes.
• Tell us about yourself and your background.
• What experience, knowledge and skills do you think you could bring to Culture Forum North or what do you hope to learn?
• Why do you want to be on the Steering Group and what excites you about this opportunity?
Selected applicants will be invited to have a conversation with the CFN Project Team and if together we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you to the next Steering Group Meeting.
Deadline: 19th July at 12pm. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered the following week. This is a rolling recruitment process therefore there will be numerous points across the year in which we will open for applications.
Please view the Steering Group Recruitment Pack for more information about the role.